playing with wax

been playing with wax all day...first time I've tried this stuff...it's a little difficult to get the hang of it, but I think with a little practice, it could be really interesting.

I first put tile grout down onto my primed canvas, made an image transfer, worked in some paraffin wax, then melted crayons into it, added layers of beeswax, and more image transfers (using xylene - death in a can), pushed some textures into the soft wax, and wrapped wire around the whole thing...not really finished...just playing.

Comments

  1. haha...i was just writing the process out a little, after realizing my descrip was a little vague.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun.... sounds messy too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes! extremely messy! I do suggest floor covering...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's got such depth and richness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun. As for the tile grout, that WAS just for texture, right? Not something that aids in a transfer?

    ReplyDelete
  6. no, i don't- it didn't do anything helpful in the transfer. I just put it down first because it was in reach, and I needed to get a surface cover over my canvas. But I have read that a rigid surface is the best to use with wax mediums, because it won't crack the wax after dried.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a neat concept. I have heard a lot of using melted crayons and wax but I just couldn't wrap my brain around the whole idea. I will have to research it a bit further before I attempt to do such a process. LOL. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts