out and about

I went out today to draw. I found lots of interesting shapes and objects. Meanwhile, the battery in my car died. So, I just had that much more time to draw! I parked on a construction site for some of these drawings, and realized that I entered a whole new world for the few hours I was there. I felt a small connection to the things around me, as if I wasn't just another stranger like all the other strangers who's eyes turn inward when they see others. Of course, I was only observing and drawing, but it really got me thinking...each new corner has it's own little world revolving with different worries and cares, different people caught up in that world. All it takes is spare time and a desire to enter a new world, and all of a sudden, there are entire universes of activity all around, just shift your perspective and it's all new again.

Comments

  1. Anonymous6:05 PM

    It really is all about perspective, isn't it?

    Similarly, we can find an entirely distinct world when we look under a microscope, or view the world from a plane, or take away a sense - such sight or hearing - and find all the amazing things that somehow we seem to casually pass over in our day-to-day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love these sketches. I think that the yellow relates to the signage that warns about the danger of these work sites!!! Nicely done!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts