on vellum

working with thermal vellum. It takes watercolor and inks pretty well - surprisingly.

On another note, I'm deciding to challenge myself to at least 10 drawings a day. Want to have a collection of at least 3000 drawings by the end of the year, so excluding sick days, I need to draw a lot more than I do now. I figured the best way to force myself into this habit is to say so on my blog. I hate the embarrasment of not keeping my word...so that's how it stands. The point being, that I hope to be able to draw more freely, not judge the drawings so harshly before they even come onto paper. It's that perfectionist that's killing me, dooming things from the beginning, judging to death. I need to just draw.

Comments

  1. I hear ya girl friend. Quoting something I read in an interview (you being the interview-ee) "To become comfortable with my own unique style". That is something I think you've accomplished .. your drawings look as if they were done so freely, smoothly and confidently. Ya fooled me. Just keep on keeping on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - I'm glad they look smooth and natural :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:03 PM

    Good luck in meeting your goals!

    I can totally relate to being one's own biggest speed bump... it's easy for me to get so bogged down in the perfectionist trap - thinking things must be gold upon their first draft...

    I think I'll take your own self-encouragement to heart, and try and go write something for the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's quite a challenge! just don't be too tough on yourself. ;o)

    i don't know much about art but i know about the curse of perfectionism. just as i thought i was over it i enrolled on this course and the teacher is a stickler for accuracy - he's worse than i ever was and it's killing me!

    i suppose the key to daily drawing is with every new work we stop criticising our previous work so harshly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck pursuing your goal. I look forward to watching your progress!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts