Friday, February 03, 2006

Restructure DNA

I've got an editorial piece that needs illustration, relating to the subject of splicing genes from animals or plants, into other animals or plants to make a better product. The title is called "Restructuring DNA: Playing God?". So I sketched around with silly ideas that came to my head last night, and had fun with the drawings.
splicing genes, messing with animals (like those glow in the dark pigs!-true story)

harvesting body parts


But then, after putting down the sketchbook and taking a break from it, I had a different idea to incorporate snakes turning into a single object (like plant life), and their tongues sticking out, twisting up into the DNA strand symbol. My sketch today for this:

I liked it better because it turned into more of a "spot quality" drawing where no environment/scene was shown, and I felt like it also incorporated thoughts of religion, medicine, science, etc.

No comments: